It’s definitely been one of those days… cold, freezing rain, cloudy skies and Dudley (our faithfully loving lab) really needing some love. Matisse to the rescue with some snuggle time on the floor and a couple of extra treats for her favorite dog. Other than that, it’s been a successful day on the DIY Project if you take into consideration that I have energetic three year old running lose, a business to run, a home that constantly needs mending and did I mention the kids get out of school at 2:00 p.m., which leaves me about six hours to fit some time in to work on my secret project. That being said, I put all of the furniture together (except the bed) and put two coats of primer on all the pieces that are going to be painted tomorrow (I hope)!
I hope you guys have had a wonderful start to you week! Please let me know what you’ve got going on this week as well.
- freshly baked cakes shipped overnight by mother (she’s a saint)
- fresh squeezed orange juice made from oranges from my brother’s citrus grove (also shipped overnight!)
- playing defend the castle with the knights, horses and bows n’ arrows
- using my juicer and making fresh green juice
- afternoon coffee
- tickle time with a certain little man
- rain drops on the window panes